Friday, November 18, 2011

Is there a difference between pepermint extract and mint extract?

I want to make some fidge (The recipe is at http://www.midwestliving.com/recipe/reci... and I went to the store to get the peppermint extrant, but all they had was mint extract. Could it mess up the fudge when its done if I use it?

Is there a difference between pepermint extract and mint extract?
I don't know where you live, but where I live I have never actually seen "mint" extract at the store. I've only seen peppermint. It comes in regular peppermint extract (which has some artificial flavoring in it) or pure peppermint extract. I get the pure, it costs about a dollar more but it's worth it. The brand I use is McCormick's and it's right next to the other McCormick's spices.
Reply:yes there is because usually Peppermint extract has some peppermint oil in it and mint could be a mixture of spearmint and other mints


No comments:

Post a Comment