Friday, November 18, 2011

Mint chocolate chip cheesecake out of a box?

I'm looking to make mint chocolate chip cheesecake, but not "homemade" I want to use the jello brand, but how much mint extract and chocolate chips should i use? I'm using mini chocolate chips.

Mint chocolate chip cheesecake out of a box?
I would think you can make mint choc chip by just adding both to the batter...I like it minty so I would add 2 tsp because if it is cooked it tends to loose some of the extract flavor. I haven't made the Jello Cheesecake...but I play around all the time with adding stuff to boxed mixes. I would add 1 cup to 1/3 cups choc chips....as well. If there is a powder, first mix the chips with that first to help to suspend the chips...so they don't fall to the bottom of the batter. Then add the mint extract.


Also, you can melt the chips separately per instructions on the choc chip package, add the mint extract to that and top the cheesecake with that....so you would have a Choc Mint topping.....that sounds good...to me...
Reply:Since there's already vanilla extract used in the cheesecake, it'll probably taste a little different if you add mint extract - it would be best if you made it yourself, from scratch (always is)......





But -





1 - 1 1/2 tsp. of mint extract and about 1 cup of mini chocolate chips should be all you need.


No comments:

Post a Comment