Monday, November 16, 2009

I have mint growing in the garden. How do I make loose tea out of it?

A website would be helpful.

I have mint growing in the garden. How do I make loose tea out of it?
One method of drying is to pick the leaves, lay them flat in a single layer on a screen, and keep them in a cool dry place until they're dry enough to crumble. Depending on the type of mint, this could take several days, or several weeks (it depends on the moisture and oil content of the leaves). Be sure they are completely dry, then store them in a glass jar.





I normally try to leave the leaves as whole as possible until I need to use them to keep the essential oils from escaping.





I've also had luck just cutting entire stems of herbs, tying them together at the base, and them hanging them upside down from the top shelf of the pantry. As long as there's good air circulation, they should dry fine.
Reply:Take a handful of fresh spearmint, crush and roll it in your palms so the flavor and smell is released


Put a small pot of cold water on high on the stovetop.


When water boils, turn it off and add the spearmint.


Let it steep about 7-10 minutes.


Strain and serve. Honey makes a good sweetner. you can also use the same technique for a refreshing herb bath or hair rinse.


No comments:

Post a Comment