Saturday, November 14, 2009

I'm looking for a solid mint flavored wafer about the size of a quarter or smaller?

Years ago (25?) I made butter cookies called brown eyed susans. They had a center made by a small mint flavored chocolate wafer.


I can't find them anymore. I need to locate them or find a substitute.

I'm looking for a solid mint flavored wafer about the size of a quarter or smaller?
They are extremely hard to find! If you melt a bag of semisweet chocolate chips and add a 1/2 tsp. of pure mint extract it will be great. You can also adjust the mint extract to suit your taste of mintiness.





FYI: Mint extract can be found in your baking isle right next to all of your other extracts...for instance, vanilla.





Also: In regards to your cookies, you can spread the chocolate on a silpated or greased (preferably with butter) jelly roll pan, cool, then cut into small squares or even circles if you like. This should to well as a substitute for the wafers.
Reply:What about Junior Mints, Andes Candies or Thin Mint (Girl Scout) Cookies? You can Google those or let me know and I can point you to where you might be able to get them if you're not in the U.S.





I was in target yesterday and saw mint chocolate Hershey's kisses and mint chocolate Kit Kats. Don't know if they're quite what you want though.


No comments:

Post a Comment