Saturday, November 14, 2009

Is there anyway to tell the mint of a presidential dollar roll of coins without opening it?

I'd rather know without opening them, but given that the mint mark is on the edge...

Is there anyway to tell the mint of a presidential dollar roll of coins without opening it?
I usually buy two rolls at the bank and open one so I can see the mint mark (though I'm in PA, so they're always Philadelphia) and get some into circulation. I'm afraid that's the only way, short of opening the roll you're keeping. On the other hand, I don't know how good the paper is they're shipping these things in -- if it's not archival/acid-free paper, we may be better off opening the roll and keeping all the coins in plastic tubes. I'm seriously considering that option -- the tubes cost only 25 cents or less.


No comments:

Post a Comment