Friday, May 21, 2010

Why does some fresh garlic (after mincing) turn green as it ages..and why would it have a hint of mint smell?

I work in a where we have pre-peeled garlic sent to us...and everything looks great when we mince it. But when the night is over or sometimes later that next day, it seems to have a green tint to it. and NO, it's not a cleaning issue. I've done it myself both at work and home, and I wonder if the exposure to air has an effect on the color of fresh garlic.


On a side note, I swear I can smell something that is close to mint. It it at all possible that garlic can take on a smell similar to mint?

Why does some fresh garlic (after mincing) turn green as it ages..and why would it have a hint of mint smell?
it has a genetic disorder that can cause astigmatism in adults becareful and throw those away


No comments:

Post a Comment